You are here
Kevin Griffin Hired for Somers Youth Softball Director 2015 Season
On Tuesday, March 24, 2015, the Somers Town Board approved the hiring of Mr. Kevin Griffin to serve as Director of the 2015 Somers Youth Softball season for a cost of $1,000.00. Funds are disbursed from the Town of Somers Parks and Recreation 2015 budget.
Mr. Griffin, also Director of Somers Youth Softball for the 2014 season, managed a total of 373 players, an increase of 63 players over the 2014 season. “The Town of Somers is fortunate to have Mr. Griffin serve as our Director. His experience is extensive and we received many compliments from parents about the 2014 season”, said George Stoner, Town of Somers Supervisor.
Kevin Griffin Credentials
- Basketball Official, twenty-five years
- City of Kenosha Softball League, played thirty years
- City of Kenosha Softball Tournament, won four years
- Coached Co-Ed CYC (Christian Youth Council) Softball teams, five years
- Coached Small-Fry Basketball and Official, eight years
- Kenosha City Softball Tournament Most Valuable Player, 1991
- Kenosha Rotary Softball Championship, won three years
- Member of Racine Lakeshore Officials Association
- Midwest Commissioner for Small-Fry Basketball, five years
Deadline to sign-up is May 1, 2015.
The season (pre-kindergarten through 12th grade) begins June 2nd and ends July 30.
Please contact Tim Kitzman, Clerk-Treasurer at 262-859-2822 should you have any specific questions.